All about 过得去

Use of 过得去

Do you think the following explanation is passable? 你觉得下面的解释过得去吗?

过得去 has the following meanings: passable; reasonable; so-so, not too bad; can make do; tolerable; can get through; feel at ease; not feel guilty
You may also have interest in learning 过不去

1.(通得过)Be able to get through, passable

门不窄,钢琴过得去。 The door is not narrow so the piano can get through.
这条胡同儿很宽,汽车过得去。 The lane is wide enough for a car to get through.

2. (不困难)Get by

你不会因此而发财,却可以使自己的生活能过得去。 You don’t get rich, but you can get a modest living out of it.
起初我觉得日子完全过得去。At first I found her life fairly tolerable.

3. passable, reasonable, tolerable

她的英语马马虎虎还过得去。 She speaks passable English.
她身体还过得去。Her health is not too bad.
他给自己买了一套还算过得去的衣服。He bought himself a passable suit off the peg.

4.(无愧) Not feel guilty, feel at ease

让你等了这么长时间,我心里怎能过得去。 I feel terrible about keeping you waiting so long.
为了良心上过得去,她把钱还给了他。 She returned the money to him for conscience’ sake.
你什么都不要,叫我们怎么过得去呢?How could we feel at ease while you refuse to take anything from us?
You can check out more examples of 过得去 on 句酷